Sunday, November 30, 2008

Hairstyles of the Damned review

Hairstyles of the Damned has to deal how teenagers in the 1990's have to deal with many trails when it comes to sex, relationships, family issues, racism and being made fun of. I think this is a very good book not only do you feel the emotion coming from the characters it kind of hits to home for me. Like Brian Oswald, one of the main characters in the story, I am a quite person who will always look out for his friends and will do stupid things to impress girls that I have no chance of dating (the Cinemax movies really hit home too) and even though I don't have a friend that I have a secret crush on I do have a change in my music style and also a change in my attitude. To sum the book up Hairstyles of the Damned is like 90210, but take place in Chicago and more fighting is involved. This story reminds me of an independent movie I seen staring James Duval (I think that's how you spell his last name) also the Chris Night (Peter Brady) is in the film if you know the name of the movie please tell me anyway the story revolves around a teen boy and his friends which has a similar ending to this story. I will highly recommend this book not because it's taking place in Chicago, not because bands list AC/DC are mentioned, but because of the message in the story what to know what that message is? You have to read the book. Until the next time...

The Warrior
A Turner

No comments: